Thursday, April 26, 2012

The Weather



Snow in May!
Now at home in Washington we have some crazy weather, last year it snowed in May, the year before June. In the summer time it will be in the 80/90s and freeze at night time. I thought my crazy weather would prepare me for Kansas…but I was wrong. #1 it is always windy here, no matter where you try to hide the wind finds you. #2 one day it will be 55 degrees the next 85 degrees. Then #3 there are these things called tornadoes. At home we don’t really have “natural disasters”, unless you include my bedroom like my mom does or Mt Saint Helens (which was in the 80’s).


Just over a week ago I got my first taste of tornados, well tornado warnings. Needless to say I was that girl freaking out and checking the weather channel every 27 seconds. My roommates and others tried to calm me down but I am a West Coast Worry Wart!

Luckily the storms avoided us here in Manhattan, but many communities surrounding us and throughout the Mid-West were not as fortunate. I would ask that you keep all those affected by the storms in your thoughts and prayers.

Clouds from the storms
Cheers to the crazy, wonderful, scary, stressful, pleasant, relaxing, dreadful, happy, and beautiful weather around our world!



-Paige


No comments:

Post a Comment