Monday, January 23, 2012

The Girl from Washington

A hop, skip and a jump away is where I am from home. I was born and raised in Pullman, WA and now I am a freshman at Kansas State University. I grew up in the heart of the Palouse, home of the Cougs, alongside the rolling fields of wheat on my family’s farm. A few quick facts about me:    
  •  I have lived with my parents and brothers (Rob and Jeremy), in the same house since I was born. (It is over 100 years old!)

  • I have 15 first cousins on my dad’s side of the family and 13 on my mom’s.
  • My family raises wheat, dry peas and garbanzo beans. We also have a small herd of cattle.

  • I am duel majoring Agricultural Communications & Journalism and Marketing.
  • As of now after college I want to work in public relations or marketing for an agriculturally based company.
  • I am allergic to cow’s milk, so that means I can’t eat anything with dairy in it.
  •  FFA, enough said.
  •  I am Wildcat and a Cougar, meaning I bleed purple and crimson (where I am from that isn't allowed).
  • Member of Alpha Delta Pi Sorority!
  • I make and sell necklaces
  • I love Crayola Color Crayons and coloring books :)
  • The things I love most are God, my family, my friends, and agriculture.

You’re probably wondering the most asked question of me in the past six months, why K-State? That answer is simple and complex. For the complex version, I grew up in a college town, where Washington State University (the land-grant university in Washington) is located. I always knew that I needed to go out and experience some place new, but it wasn’t until I took a year off before college, and traveled around Washington and the country serving as an FFA state officer, that I realized I was ready to take that step for college. I had previously visited KSU as a senior in high school and after my visit it continued to come up in research and conversation. I realized I wanted and needed to be a part of the College of Agriculture at K-State so I applied, got accepted, paid a down payment, and the rest is history! The short answer is who wouldn’t want to be a Wildcat?


Being a part of production agriculture since the day I was born, has taught me a lot about where my food comes from. My background on the farm has made me want to continue to be involved and work in the industry. Although I don’t plan on returning to my family’s farm full time, I would like to return home during our yearly harvest to continue to contribute to both my family’s farm and production agriculture. 

Through this blog I hope to share my experiences as a college student in agriculture!

-Paige

4 comments:

  1. What I meant to say was I enjoyed your "about me" post, and the photo you have as your blog background : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paige! I just happened upon your blog and really enjoyed reading it as well as your great photos! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I GOT CURED FROM HERPES VIRUS I was diagnosed of HERPES virus and i have tried all I can to get cured but all to no avail,,until I saw a post in a health forum about a herbalist man who prepare herbal medications to cure all kind of diseases including #HERPES virus,at first I doubted if it was real but decided to give it a try,when I contacted this herbalist via his email and he prepared a #HERPES herbal cure and sent it to me via DHL delivery company service, when I received this herbal medicine, he gave me step by direction on how to apply it,after applying the way I was instructed,I was totally cured of this deadly disease called HERPES, all thanks to Dr OGODO Email this great herbal doctor via his email Ogodoherbalhomesolution@gmail.com
    You can also WhatsApp him on +2349044680467
    HE CAN ALSO CURE SICKNESS LIKE
    {1}HIV/AIDS
    {2}DIABETES
    {3}EPILEPSY
    {4} BLOOD CANCER
    {5} HPV
    {6} ALS
    {7} HEPATITIS
    {8}LOVE SPELL
    {9} SICKLE AND ANEMIA
    Only DR OGODO Can Help You I Love You Father.

    ReplyDelete