Monday, January 23, 2012

Kansas Girl

Hey guys, I'm Kassie...I'm a small town Kansas girl who loves family, country music, cooking, K-State, God, and especially agriculture! With a big family it seems that there is always something going on at the Curran household. Although hectic at times (almost all the time) I love our crazy, busy, hard-working, lifestyle at home in southeast Kansas. I have 2 younger sisters, 2 younger brothers, and 2 very amazing parents :)We also have 3 horses, 4 cows (1 fall calf), a bucket calf, a goat, about 20 chickens, a dog, 6 cats, and an occasional beaver or raccoon that my brothers catch. Maybe we should start a petting zoo, thoughts?? Regardless of the numbers or variety of animals, agriculture has been a huge part of my life ever since I can remember...My 3rd birthday present was a horse ("Daisy Mae"). However, we found out later that day I was allergic to horses. :( My dad is an agriculture education teacher and my grandpa owns and operates the family cattle ranch that began in 1868. Whether I was doing chores, fixing fence, or shoveling rocks I have learned many life lessons because of my upbringing in agriculture and I wouldn't trade that for anything!!! There is lots to know about me but I'll get you started with a few fun facts...
  • Grew up near Sedan, KS then moved to nearby Girard, KS the summer before my senior year of high school
  • Born a K-State Wildcat!!! I am majoring in Food Science & Industry with a minor in Agricultural Economics and an emphasis in Meat Science
  • I have had both of my parents as teachers…My dad was my ag teacher for most of high school until we moved to Girard then I got Mr. Boultinghouse too!
  • Served as Kansas FFA Vice President in 2010-2011
  • 12 year member of 4-H…Sedan Willing Workers and the Hepler Hustlers
  • Showed meat goats and my Black Angus heifer named “Willa”
  • I love to cook!!
  • My all time favorite show is One Tree Hill---have seen all 176 episodes of the 9 seasons so far. My sister and I started watching in high school and got our whole family hooked. When we go home for breaks, we spend hours watching old episodes on DVD :)
  • Riding bikes is a favorite pastime of mine
  • I Love Beef! and promoting beef to consumers too!
  • I’m a music lover…Taylor Swift, George Strait, Eli Young Band…lots of country, red dirt, oldies, and anything but rap or Garth Brooks :)
  • Summer is my favorite time of year--I love the lake and concerts!!
  • Most of all, I love God, my family, and my friends 
I hope you will get to know both Paige and I through our blog as we share our thoughts on life, agriculture, college, and whatever else comes into our wondering minds. Stay tuned, Kassie

No comments:

Post a Comment